Selection of the award recipient will be made by the IACH Executive Committee based on the candidate’s record of achievement and recognition as an outstanding physician/nurse. The recipient will be notified by September 15, 2018, and will be awarded with a $3000 monetary award and recognized as the recipient of the International Collaboration Award at the 2018 IACH Meeting.
The International Collaboration Award honors a healthcare professional, who as a practicing physician/nurse, has demonstrated the ideals of hard work and compassionate care for a patient’s physical and emotional well-being. The recipient of the Award should:
- Demonstrate significant patient advocacy
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy in the delivery of patient care
- Display competence in scientific endeavors
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity in working with patient and family members of diverse backgrounds
- Understand a patient’s need for interpretation of complex medical diagnoses and treatments and show effort to ensure patient comprehension
- Be sensitive to the patient’s psychological well-being and identify emotional concerns of patients and family members
- Engender trust and confidence
A growing number of hard working professionals are advancing the field of hematology through clinical work, training, exchanges, education, treating patients in isolated places and other initiatives. We would like to acknowledge one of these excellent individuals.